Engineering insurance can be something that many businesses do not think they need as part of their insurance programme. However, despite its name, engineering insurance is something that many businesses and property owners should have.
Engineering insurance provides protection against electrical and mechanical breakdown for most machinery and plant including computers, lifts and boilers.
For example, many businesses and property owners do not know that it is a requirement for them to have engineering cover for lifts in the building. Or that if you work with pressurised hoses or high pressure equipment you should cover for these.
Under UK law, many items of plant such as boilers and all electrical equipment come with a statutory duty for inspection. We can provide you with guidance and advice on your legal requirements and also on the right cover for your plant and equipment. No matter what trade you are in you may still require an engineering policy.
Some of the most common things covered by an engineering policy:
- Inspection - Owning certain plant and machinery puts you under legal obligations to make sure it’s safe to use and fit for purpose.
- Machinery and Plant - To cover plant, machinery and tools against accidental damage, malicious damage or theft.
- Contract Works - provides cover for your business whilst working on a contract site either on a temporary or permanent basis. The policy can provide cover for any scaffolding, tools and/or materials which are damaged or stolen whilst contracting at the site.
- Sudden & unforeseen damage - Cover can be extended to self damage, damage to surrounding property, third party and business interruption.
- Deterioration of Stock - The policy could provide cover for loss of or damage by deterioration or putrefaction to goods stored in any cold storage space specified.
For further information or guidance about engineering cover or any other products and services please contact one of our advisers on Nottingham 0115 9420111
Risk Management Services
Wilsons risk management team can provide the advice and guidance to make risk management easier.