Professional Indemnity Insurance
What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?
It is insurance that protects you or your business from financially crippling and reputation damaging claims by dissatisfied clients.
Areas where you or your business could be exposed may include:
- Negligence or breach of a duty of care
- Intellectual Property - unintentionally infringing copyright or trademarks
- Loss of documents or data
How will Professional Indemnity protect me or my business?
- It will cover you if you make a mistake in the service that you have provided to a client that then leads to a dispute
- It will cover the cost of rectifying that mistake
Who should have professional indemnity insurance?
The most common professions include but are not limited to:
- Financial Services
- Building Professions
- Building contractors
- Information Technology
- Research and Development
Take a look at some of these claims examples:
- Auditors failing to identify fraud or embezzlement
- Loss of business due to marketing material not being ready on time
- Negligence in the design of a new product
- Breach of patent
- Negligent advice regarding Capital Gains Tax
For more information or a Professional Indemnity quote please contact us on Nottingham (0115) 9420111