Income protection provides a regular income if you are unable to work because of illness or injury.
Some employers have a Group income Protection policy, which provides a replacement income if an employee is unable to work due to illness or injury. Typically beginning after 6 months absence, it can pay up to 80% of the claimant’s salary until either they return to work or retire.
Income Protection forms a key component of a comprehensive employee benefits package and can help employers manage the internal risk of an absent employee and provide crucial financial support to employees and their families in the unfortunate event that they cannot work or earn an income.
Through an employers Group income Protection policy, rehabilitation experts can work with employers and employees who are ill or injured and off work. They can provide the guidance and support needed to help the employee take control of their life and – when they are ready – help get them back into the workplace.
Rehabilitation services can help an employer to address the barriers for an employee returning to work and develop a plan to get them back into the workplace. Ongoing management helps to make adaptations to the plans if situations change and provides support to both the employer and employee in doing so.
- Provides a level of income for your employees you don’t have to
- The rehabilitation programme can help get employees back to work before you know it
- Employees are reassured that they will be looked after if they are ill or injured
- The provider will stay in touch with all parties, including GPs, to keep your employee on track and you up to date
- The provider will let you know if reasonable adjustments have to be made to the workplace to uphold your duty of care