Corporate Social Responsibility is something we take seriously.
Wilsons is committed to its community, people and clients – and to reducing the impact it has on the environment.
We are strongly committed to the family business sector, celebrating its successes and helping its leaders succeed in what can often be quite lonely roles. In 2009 we created the Midlands Family Business Awards to shine a light on these businesses and their inspirational leaders, they remain the UK’s only independent not-for-profit Awards for family businesses. The Awards have raised over £40,000 for our region’s charities and we are proud of the ethical, friendly and supportive community we have created.
CSR objectives are achieved in a number of ways, including:
- Supporting local charities – not only through the raising funds but also in a ‘hands-on’ way, which won us the Aviva Community Support Award and secured £10,000 of funding for Nottingham’s Emmanuel House Support Centre
- Environmental responsibility – we recycle, have water filter machines, recycle toners, moved towards a largely paperless environment and encouraged video / conference calls even before Covid made them the norm, but are constantly looking for new ways to reduce our impact
- Staff wellbeing – not only through our extensive benefits package (we are a financial services provider!), shower facilities for those who run or cycle to work, secure cycle parking and beyond…
- Supporting local businesses – we work with local suppliers wherever possible and operate ethically in everything we do
- Diversity and equal opportunities – for our staff, clients, suppliers and contacts, ensuring fair treatment for all